Matt's Problems

Hey all,

Thought I would do a little write up about the stuff me and Dudzy have done on my jeep the last couple of days.
Here is the back story, my car started becoming hard to start, lagging puttering, being a pain basically until one night couldn't get it started at all, so Dylan came around we both had a look and he hit the NSS while I was trying to start it and it worked, so we figured it was NSS either broken or just really dirty so the next day, pulled it apart (ONE BIG PAIN IN THE ASS!!!) cleaned it and put it back in but still had no luck, my 'younger' brother happened to be walking past and noticed a tone of oil on the starter motor and he gave that a bit of a clean and it worked so we knew what we wanted to take apart next.
This brings up another problem though, where is the oil leak coming from? I HOPE it's the oil filter, easy to replace and cheap too. The most likely scenario is it's my rear main seal and this isn't good and something I most definitely did not want to hear. It is possible to do a back yard job and repair it but there is a high risk your slight oil leak could becoming a massive one.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the starter motor getting cleaned and little clip I filmed from my iPhone.
To do this, I used http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/ and ausjeepoffroad.com (Forum Post) to help me with this. Dudzy had never taken his starter motor off before either so it was new for everyone.



This is the Starter motor just after we pulled it out


And this is it pulled apart and dirty as shit! 



This is after we got it cleaned 


This is it back together and cleaned! :) 


Dylan, chilling out. 



This is the video I took while putting it back together. 

1 comment: