Jeep Resources

Morning everyone,

Matt here, just thought I would post some good resource sites I have found over the last couple of weeks trying to learn the art of XJ modification.  I'll post a link to the site and a little description on what I think of the site. Here it goes!

First off, Aus Jeep. This site is the biggest and nicest Jeep community I have found and Dylan has been a member for a couple of years now. I have never once been flamed and there is always someone on there that can help you out. Very nice and knowledge people and are very willing to help you out with spare parts and / or working on your jeep. Asking on Aus Jeep you will find what you are looking for in a short amount of time, either someone will be able to help you or at least point you in the same direction. Chances are, if you are having a problem with your jeep, so have 50 other people on aus jeep.




Second, Wooders. Wooders is a store for Jeep parts and accessories and very well known in the Aus Jeep
community. Very good prices for a jeep store in Australia. You will be able to find cheaper prices online from over seas and maybe some wreckers but when buying from over seas most parts will cost you well over $300 in shipping so just remember that. Being located in NSW's they can ship almost anything (Within reason) for a fairly good price. I have bought a 3.5" Cherokee lift kit from them and the shipping was less then $200.

Thirdly is a wreckers, Jeep Parts Recyclers. I have gotten a couple of little things of them like air filter gaskets and wire housings and such for cheap. They are located in Harvey Bay, QLD and for shipping to me (Brisbane) has only cost me around $40 for the bigger items. They always seem to be carrying stock of what ever I need.

Fourth is a fairly big company, ARB 4x4 Accessories. I would very rarely buy parts from these guys as they are quite expensive but I do use them as a last resort. I also recommend (If you aren't the most mechanically minded person like myself) getting work like lift kits, etc done by these guys. It might be a little more expensive (Some times a lot more expensive) but they are good at what they do and I plan on getting my kit installed by them.

These are some of the places I use personally and have been told to use by other jeep owners in Australia. Hope this helped someone out.

No comments:

Post a Comment